ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics ALS Research – Types of research

• ALS Research – Types of research

Posted by Amanda on April 14, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Research for ALS is important to all of us on this forum. For pALS, it can be an opportunity to possibly slow down the progression and help researchers find new treatments. For others who have a genetic mutation or who have lost loved ones to ALS, research may be  an opportunity to help medical researchers gain a better understanding about ALS, the onset and the progression. It the chance to be part of finding a cure or prevent the onset.

After losing several family members to ALS, my family teamed up with a doctor at Washington University in St. Louis who completed a study on our situation. At that time, I found out I had the mutated SOD1 gene that had already taken many loved ones.  From that point on my family has been actively involved in ALS research. I am currently participating in a long-term  study at the University of Miami.

If you are interested in participating in medial research it is important to be knowledgeable about different kinds of research.

Would you participate? What would be your primary motivation? What kinds of research would you be willing to participate in?

http://www.alsa.org/research/focus-areas/clinical-studies/

Amanda replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.