ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics An online study needing volunteers with dysarthria

• An online study needing volunteers with dysarthria

Posted by Dagmar on December 13, 2021 at 3:42 pm

For the past year I have been participating in a voice study that has just moved into Phase 2, and, needs more voices. So, I’ve offered to help by sharing the following:

The study is being conducted by an energetic graduate student from Cardiff University, UK, who is working towards her Ph.D., with a focus on – – improving the interaction between people with dysarthria and the latest voice technologies. She and her supervisory team are developing software to assist in the accessibility of Virtual Home Assistants (Google Home, Alexa, etc.) for persons with dysarthria.

So, she is looking for people with Dysarthria to be a part of her research and provide feedback as to the technology she is developing – – you would be interviewed and able to try the technology for free. They will give you the technology and ask you some questions on how you are finding it. Full ethical approval and details can be provided to you in due course and upon identifying suitable participants.

I had my interview last year (via Zoom), the questions were easy and I was able to do the recordings on my own time. It involved recording various sounds; like ahhh, ohhhh, ha-ha-ha, etc. that will be used in the new technology. 

She needs more voices! You can live in or outside of the UK (she uses Zoom) but you must be English speaking.

If you are interested, more details and her email can be found in the link below.

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/aj/study-information-2/

Dagmar replied 2 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.