ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics Research on Sleep Benefits on pALS

• Research on Sleep Benefits on pALS

Posted by dadfr on May 17, 2021 at 8:28 am

Hello

Since my Dad was diagnosed with ALS back in 2017, there is one aspect that seemed to consistently improve his well-being and lessen his symptoms : sleeping at night. Although such benefits last shorter time spans as the disease progresses, this is – to me – the most visible and causal phenomenon that I identified having positive impact on the disease, to the point I wished that whatever happens overnight could be repeated exponentially.
    Having crawled the net a bit on the topic, I am quite surprised that few research seem to try and understand how cicardian rhythm could have such positive impacts in a matter of hours.
    I read about Melatonin, which feels safe enough and promising to try (https://alsnewstoday.com/news-posts/2021/01/29/melatonin-might-benefit-als-patients-but-more-research-needed/), but I believe CNS toxins clearance happens too, and was wondering if there was more about it.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

dadfr replied 2 years, 10 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.