ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices Awareness and Advocacy What would you do for ALS research?

• What would you do for ALS research?

Posted by Amanda on April 29, 2019 at 10:07 pm

I have a “special” relationship to ALS. I lost my father, grandfather and many other family members due to a mutated SOD1 gene.  I have two cousins who have been diagnosed and who are currently living with ALS. I also have the mutated SOD1 gene, and it’s a scary thing.  So, ALS is rare! It doesn’t feel all that rare to me and my family.  The fact that it is “rare”  doesn’t make much a difference to you or a loved one  if you have ALS, or if it runs in your family. We need more funds for ALS research. We need to draw more attention to ALS.

Does it run in your family? Have you under gone genetic testing to see if you have one of the mutated genes associated with ALS?

What are you willing to do to help find a cure and raise awareness? Do you know how to get involved?

Did you know you can volunteer for medical studies? You can donate to organizations that support ALS research? You can talk about ALS on social media. You can even donate your brain for research. I’m actually doing that and it will go specifically for ALS medical research.

Are there any members who are participating in any research, or fund raising?

Amanda replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.