ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices ALS Awareness Month 20 Years Anniversary of The Walk to Defeat ALS

• 20 Years Anniversary of The Walk to Defeat ALS

Posted by Amanda on May 20, 2020 at 9:25 pm

If you have been on the ALS Association website, or your local chapters’ website, then you are likely aware that the 2020 Walk to Defeat ALS marks the 20th anniversary of the event!  How exciting and what a wonderful way for you, your loved ones and your friends to support you and the ALS cause. Most of my family is in Missouri and they participate in the St. Louis Chapter. Up until this year, we walked or donated in honor of my cousin Jessica and 14 other family members. This year her team (The J-Walkers) will walk in her memory. Although I can’t usually make it to St. Louis to participate, I show my support with a donation and many social media posts. This year I would like to participate in one of the Walks in Florida. This year many of the walks may occur “virtually” and some are scheduled in the fall, so hopefully they will go on as planned. The Miami Walk to Defeat ALS is currently listed as TBD. Is anyone planning on participating or organizing a team?  What factors into your decision to participate at this point of the pandemic? If anyone is organizing a team in Florida would you share your information?

http://webfl.alsa.org/site/PageNavigator/FL_7_WLK_landing.html

sheila replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • sheila

May 23, 2020 at 12:28 pm

20 years , millions and millions of dollars and still no viable treatment…………..