ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics Dysarthria? This researcher would like to hear your voice (and join her study)

• Dysarthria? This researcher would like to hear your voice (and join her study)

Posted by Dagmar on March 22, 2021 at 8:12 pm

I just met an energetic graduate student from Cardiff University, UK, who is working towards her PhD, with a focus on improving the interaction between people with dysarthria and the latest voice technologies. She and her supervisory team are developing software to assist in the accessibility of Virtual Home Assistants (Google Home, Alexa etc.) for persons with dysarthria.

So, she is looking for people with Dysarthria to be a part of her research and provide feedback as to the technology she is developing – – you would be interviewed and able to try the technology for free. They will give you the technology and ask you some questions on how you are finding it. Full ethical approval and details can be provided to you in due course and upon identifying suitable participants.

I had my interview today (1/2-hour via Zoom). The questions were easy and I will be recording (on my own time) various sounds; like ahhh, ohhhh, ha-ha-ha, etc. that will be used in the new technology. 

She needs more voices! You can live in or outside of the UK (she uses Zoom) but must be English speaking.

If you are interested, private message me – – Dagmar Munn, and I will share her direct email.

More details can be found in the link below.

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/aj/study-information-2/

Dagmar replied 3 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.