ALS News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and ALS Must Watch Movies and Books

• Must Watch Movies and Books

Posted by Amanda on April 16, 2020 at 9:21 pm

With our families spending more time at home and together, have you found things to do that help you pass the time while enjoying time with loved ones?  Watching movies or reading books and discussing them is a suggestion I recently heard in an online seminar on “self-care.”  Movie clubs or book clubs of sorts. So to expand on that idea I wondered if anyone had any Must Reads or Must Sees to recommend. Would anyone want to do an online book or movie club about movies or books that put a spot light on ALS? Here is a list from the ALS Association https://alsadotorg.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/als-films-to-watch/  Please feel free to post a topic about a book or movie you’ve read if you would like to start a discussion. Also, if there are books or movies not on this list that you enjoyed or found to be informative please share!

Elizabeth Benz replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Elizabeth Benz

April 21, 2020 at 3:38 pm

If you just want FUNNY I highly recommend the audiobook of CRAZY RICH ASIANS.  I do lots of audiobooks and this is 1 of the funniest I have ever heard.  It is so well read that I can’t imagine reading it to myself and getting the same laughter.  It is SOOOOO much better than the movie – no comparison at all!