ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Living Healthier since your diagnosis?

• Living Healthier since your diagnosis?

Posted by Amanda on November 12, 2019 at 8:46 pm

There is an abundance of information about how pALS should eat and what supplements they should take in various ALS related articles and on ALS related websites. Additionally, research is being conducted to help determine what impact nutrition and exercise has on the progression of ALS. Some sources say that pALS should cut out all process foods and take a specific protocol of vitamins and supplements. Dagmar recently wrote about what “ALS reversals” had in common; and how some of their commonalities like taking curcumin may impact ALS progression. She mentioned that this has led to some research on the supplement.

Since your diagnoses what changes have you made? Did you eat healthy prior to the onset of ALS? What other lifestyle changes have you made and do you think it makes a difference?

Russell Cowger replied 4 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Russell Cowger

November 14, 2019 at 10:39 am

Before diagnosis I would use lots of protein powders for breakfast also use workout supplements.  I had thought that it was the amino acids that started my fasiculations so stopped that first. Now I only eat regular foods. I did try Keto in the beginning but found that high protein low carb for me makes my fasiculations more intense. So now I eat way more carbs and atleast my fasiculations do not rattle me silly.