ALS News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and ALS 2021 and We are Still in a Pandemic

• 2021 and We are Still in a Pandemic

Posted by Amanda on April 12, 2021 at 8:25 am

Can  you believe the last 13 months??  It never crossed my mind that a year later we would still be in the middle of a pandemic. I was able to get full vaccinated but now I’m hearing about different variants. I’ve been hearing mixed messages in the news, I know, that is surprising 🙂

How are you doing in regards to the pandemic? Are you concerned about the new strands of COVID or are you over it? Have you been doing things differently and will you continue to take precautions?

kathy-stitz replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Dagmar

April 12, 2021 at 12:37 pm

It sure has been a long, slow slog. I’m glad the vaccines are finally available and people are getting immunized (more need to step up!). The variants are inevitable I guess, especially due to the slow immunizations worldwide. It’s the NEW new way of living… masks, hand washing, social distancing. At least the reports of a drop in seasonal allergies and the flu from mask-wearing are a positive note.

I will continue to take precautions. It’s prudent, logical, and not a hardship. I don’t understand folks who get their egos and self-esteem mixed up in having to follow medical-based precautions. The past year has been hard for many.

• kathy-stitz

April 12, 2021 at 12:53 pm

I agree with Dagmar that it has been a long thirteen months.  I am saddened to hear of all of the people who have lost their lives because of covid.  I’m glad that a lot of people are getting vaccinated now.  People need to continue taking precautions after being vaccinated.  Hopefully this pandemic will be behind us soon.