ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress ALS News Sean M. Healey & AMG Center for ALS at Mass General launches first ALS Platform

• Dagmar

September 23, 2019 at 5:19 pm

This is great news! And good to read that they are fast-tracking the selection of and analysis of these 5 proposed ALS treatments.

• Amanda

September 23, 2019 at 8:50 pm

That’s wonderful news. Earlier today someone mentioned this hospital to me. I wonder if they were referring to the same thing?

• Amanda

September 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Diana, have you read the article about this in ALS News Today yet? https://alsnewstoday.com/2019/09/23/healey-amg-center-mass-general-launches-first-als-platform-trial-five-candidate-treatments/

This is the third time today I heard this news! How exciting!!

• Jonathan L Maddock

October 18, 2019 at 11:48 am

My neurologist is at MGH, and as of our last Tuesday’s meeting she tells me that I’m a great candidate for this platform trial. I am thrilled!! She’s recommending me to Judy Carey.

If you’re interested, there is a link in the MGH announcement to reach out to Judy. “Carey, Judith R.,R.N.” <[email protected]>

I truly believe that within 5-8 years there will be at least a couple of new FDA approved and much more impactful medications to combat ALS. Maybe sooner.

• Mark

November 12, 2019 at 10:01 am
    1. I was diagnosed with ALS September 24, 2019 in Bend Oregon. My sister who lives in Boston told me about the great wok being done at MGH. I have my first appointment eith them in mid December. Can’t wait and excited to het incloved in research.
    • Dagmar

November 12, 2019 at 10:44 am

That’s great Mark – – later in December, do come back to this section and tell us all about your visit. Safe travels!