ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Thanksgiving 2020

• Thanksgiving 2020

Posted by Kathy stitz on November 19, 2020 at 6:19 am

Thanksgiving is now just a week away.  What are you thankful for?  Will your Thanksgiving plans be different this year because of the coronavirus?  Will you go shopping on Black Friday?  Will having ALS impact your Thanksgiving in any way?

Diane Whilleson replied 3 years, 5 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Dagmar

November 19, 2020 at 7:19 pm

I’m thankful I’ve made it this far 🙂 Not only 10 yrs with ALS, but also – – avoiding the virus! I want to make it to the end of this pandemic! 🙂

Usually, my husband and I enjoy going to a buffet at one of the nearby hotels. This year, we are staying home in our “bubble.” We are picking up a “T-day dinner for 2” from Sprouts. We’ll also Skype with family members.

Shopping? naaah. Just relaxing 🙂

• Kathy stitz

November 19, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Thanks for your response Dagmar.  Those are wonderful things to be thankful for.  I will just be staying home for Thanksgiving.  I live with my mother so it will just be the two of us at home and we will eat dinner at home.  I am very thankful for my mom and for her love and help during this very difficult time.  I won’t be going shopping either.  Just relaxing, like you said.  Best wishes to everyone for a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

• Amanda

November 24, 2020 at 9:29 pm

I’m thankful for ALS News Today and this forum. I’ve learned so much from our community and I’m grateful for the experience. I’m also thankful that I have the opportunity to participate in ALS research.

I’m also thankful for my health, career and wonderful family.  I live alone and my mom and sister live thousands of miles away. They do their best to visit and keep in contact daily.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

• Kathy stitz

November 25, 2020 at 8:38 am

Thank you Amanda.  I am thankful too for the people who participate on this forum.  I have learned a lot and have appreciated the help, advice, and support from others.  I have also tried to help others on the forum when I can.  Best wishes to everyone.

• Diane Whilleson

November 25, 2020 at 11:57 am

I thank God for my wonderful family and friends. My Husband Bob and Son Robert are like my Guardian Angels. I am blessed to have a Penn Infusions RN who has been a Deacon for 15 years, Vincent Latini.

We are very grateful to Hope Loves Company, the only non-profit in the US dedicated to the mission of providing educational and emotional support to children and young adults who have a loved one with ALS. Our Son, Robert, participated in  two of their Virtual Camps from the safety of our home.       He is a Psychology major at Rutgers Camden, N.J.