Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Are you and your caregiver/family prepared if a disaster strikes? Weather, fire, flood, power-outages and other emergency situations are even more of a challenge when living with ALS.

This checklist from the MDA is a good resource: Preparing for Emergencies: A Checklist for People with Neuromuscular Disease.

How have you prepared for these types of emergencies? Have you already experienced any and have advice for others?

Kim Belden
      Participant

I’ve had to evacuate Florida twice for hurricanes. First one I drove myself to Orlando. Second one a friend and I drove to Atlanta. Just can say my SUV was full and that was without any ALS equipment.

I moved to a concrete and steel condo so it’ll have to be a bad one for me to go again.

I have paperwork that I’m supposed to submit to the fire department and power company.

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Wow – – two evacuations!  Those are good tips; especially providing information to the fire department and power company.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account