• Dagmar

March 18, 2020 at 12:32 pm

Glen, for those of us unfamiliar with this abbreviation… please tell us what type of injection this is. Thank you!

• Glen North

March 19, 2020 at 12:08 am

Dagmar,

GAC refers to glutamine/arginine/carnitine injections directly into the muscle.  it is supposed to give you the ability to regain some strength .

• Glen North

April 8, 2020 at 2:34 pm

i received my GAC injections  last week , but did not notice anything.  I was told that my strength would increase, however it did  not .

• Dagmar

April 8, 2020 at 4:41 pm

Glen – – Thank you for sharing your experience with GAC injections. I’m not surprised that you didn’t find them helpful, as there is a lot of hype about them “helping” ALS, but no real research to support having them – – only anecdotal stories.

For our members, GAC injections are a popular tool in weight loss and weight loss and weight management but they have also grown in popularity as an athletic performance enhancing supplement.  GAC stands for glutamine, arginine and carnitine – a powerful cocktail of amino acids.  These amino acids naturally occur in the human body, but are available in supplements  or by injection into the muscle tissue. Athletes believe having an injection right before competition will help their performance. 

In my opinion, if GAC actually “strengthened” muscles, the barbell industry would disappear. The only way to keep muscles strong is through good nutrition and sensible exercise.

• Glen North

April 8, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Dagmar ,

I completley agree with you . I thought I’d give it a try after speaking with several PALS ho said it helped.  I’m glad I tried and can now pass my experience on.

• Dagmar

April 9, 2020 at 11:45 am

Glen – – thank you again 🙂 Hope you are doing well and feeling well during these challenging times. I’m curious, what ALS-related issues or questions are on your mind right now?

• Glen North

April 9, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Dagmar,

I guess I’m still doing okay despite having ALS.  Just a little frustrated with the length of time it takes new therapies to come to market.  Brainstorm’s Nurown for example has been in clinical trials for  more than 10 years!!  Besides that,  just doing all I can to slow progression.