ABOUT THE FIGHT ALS FILM FEST
Here is an interesting and fun way to participate in ALS Awareness Month!!“ABOUT THE FIGHT ALS FILM FESTThis ALS Awareness Month, join us for a panel discussion on these incredible ALS films. This series is being hosted by The ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI), Her ALS Story and BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics. Our host and emcee for the events will be Sunny of SunnyStrong. Thank you to our sponsor BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics for supporting this incredible program!Please note, by registering for the film festival, you will receive weekly email reminders two hours before the event with login information for each of the five panel discussions. We ask that all participants watch the films before the panel to have sufficient background knowledge for the discussion.Week 1 – Extended Trailer of Go On, Be Brave
Week 2 – Augie
- Go On, Be Brave is a film about Andrea Lytle Peet’s race against time – a diagnosis of ALS and an attempt at the impossible: to be the first person with ALS to complete a marathon in all 50 states.
- How to watch: Link to Vimeo with password will be sent to registrants.
- Panel Discussion: 5/2 7:30 CST
- Panel Participants: Andrea and Dave Peet, Filmmakers Miriam McSpadden and Brian Beckman
Week 3 – It’s Not Yet Dark
- Augie Nieto is known as the Steve Jobs of the fitness industry. At 47, he was diagnosed with ALS. Since then, he and his wife Lynne have been on a quest to change the course of ALS. This is their love story. From the director of Grammy winning and Oscar nominated Glen Campbell…I’ll Be Me, comes AUGIE. Armed with irreverent humor and the love of his life by his side, paralysis has done little to slow down the beast inside the genius entrepreneur and Life Fitness mogul, who continues to work every day to find the cure for ALS.
- How to watch: https://youtu.be/Of8KkixPp4I
- Panel Discussion: 5/7 7:30 CST
- Panel Participants: Lynne Nieto
Week 4 – From the Passenger Seat
- It’s Not Yet Dark tells the groundbreaking story of Simon Fitzmaurice, a talented young Irish film maker with ALS (MND), as he embarks on directing his first feature film using his eyes and eye gaze technology.
- How to watch: Streaming free on multiple services.
- Panel Discussion: 5/14 3:00 CST
- Panel Participants: Ruth Fitzmaurice
Week 5 – Matter of Mind : My ALS
- From the Passenger Seat is an educational adventure film that explores one man’s exceptional life, a heroic two-year battle with ALS, and an epic farewell road trip. Through a creative lens, F4D Studio shows what life can be when it is lived with purpose, immobile vigor, and an unquenchable thirst for experiences.
- How to watch: https://fromthepassengerseatfilm.com/
- Panel Discussion: 5/23 at 7:30 CST
- Panel Participants: Gabe Rovick and Cindy Wyman
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a neuromuscular disease with an average survival time of 2-5 years from diagnosis. In this intimate exploration, three people with ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease, bravely face different paths as they live with this progressively debilitating illness.
- How to watch: PBS
- Panel Discussion: 5/28 at 7:30 CST
- Panel Participants: Michele Stellato and Charlie Wren”
Sorry, there were no replies found.
Log in to reply.