ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices ALS Awareness Month ALS Awareness Month – Take Initiative – Reach Out to Your Local & National News

Tagged: 

• ALS Awareness Month – Take Initiative – Reach Out to Your Local & National News

Posted by Richard on May 16, 2021 at 4:14 pm

<div>
    <div class=”stream-event-body”>

Hi Everyone,

The month of May is ALS Awareness Month.

One of the biggest problems with the ALS Awareness initiative is that the non-ALS community does not get informed adequately. Emails get sent out by different ALS and neurological organizations mentioning that May is ALS Awareness Month. However, the people receiving the emails already know about ALS.  It’s more important to get the word out to people unaware of ALS.  Hopefully you can help with this!  Please take the initiative by reaching out to your local and national news agencies, hopefully a broader community will be reached.

I have included a few national news agency email addresses below.

For starters, I’ve provided an email template that can be used. Please tweak it where you feel it’s necessary.

Also, wanted to add a few of my favorite quotes which I hope will encourage you to take action and give you strength!
    • It’s always better to light a candle than to curse in the darkness
    • For that what we resist will only persist
    • A journey of a thousand miles, starts with that first step

So, let’s take that step together. Let’s be part of a change, part of the solution, let’s all get involved and spread the word about ALS Awareness Month!

A Few National News Agencies and Famous People email Addresses:
    New York Post – [email protected]
    New York Times – [email protected]
    Washington Post – [email protected]
    LA Times – [email protected]
    Wall Street Journal – [email protected]
    USA Today – [email protected]
    Huffington Post – [email protected]
    NBC News – [email protected]
    CNN News – [email protected]
    Politico News – [email protected]
    Aljazeera News – [email protected]
    Mark Zuckerberg – [email protected] and [email protected]
    Bill Gates – [email protected]
    Jeff Besos ex-wife – [email protected]

========== Email Template – START ==========

To (……),

The Month of May is ALS Awareness Month.

Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a fatal neurodegenerative disease that destroys the body’s ability to control muscle movement. There is no effective treatment for this deadly disease, no known cause, and currently no cure.

It would be tremendous if your newspaper and website mentioned that May is ALS Awareness Month, with any of the following information:

#1. There are no known causes, no effective treatments or cure.
    #2. Motor Neuron Diseases such as ALS are increasing in the USA.
    #3. Only four states have declared May an ALS awareness month.
    #4. Raise awareness about the difficulties faced by ALS patients and their families.
    #5. Ask your Senators to support new and increased funding for ALS research. als.quorum.us/…/senatefy22approp…
    #6. Advance policies that improve the quality of life for ALS patients.
    #7. Expand the network of support for those suffering from ALS.
    #8. Advocate for investments in research that will enhance our understanding of the causes of ALS, identify effective treatments, and eventually discover a cure.
    #9. ALS research is underfunded.

One of the biggest problems with the ALS Awareness initiative is that the non-ALS community does not get informed adequately. Emails get sent out by different ALS and neurological organizations mentioning that May is ALS Awareness Month. However, the people receiving the emails already know about the suffering that comes with ALS. It’s more important, it’s imperative to get the word out to people unaware of ALS. My hope is you will reach out to your viewers and inform them of this terrible disease! You can truly save lives and ease the suffering of people by running a news story about ALS.

Thank you so much for your consideration and all my Gratitude!

Your Name:
    Email:

You can contact The ALS Association for more information if needed at: https://www.als.org/

========== Email Template – END ==========

Richard

Richard replied 2 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.