• ALS C9ORF72

Posted by Jörg Dimmeler on September 12, 2021 at 11:43 am

Translated via Google translate:

Hello, I am from Germany Lac de Constance. I had gait disorders at the end of 2019, which then became more and more violent. Then I went to the orthopedic surgeon because everyone thought I had it on my hip. After x-rays of the entire back, he said there is nothing that has to be neurological. So straight to the neurologist in the same center, the professor then took measurements and said it was multifocal motor neuropathy. And to be sure to rule out that it is ALS. I had to go to the Freiburg University Clinic for 3 days for examinations, unfortunately, on my birthday 11.11, I was told it was ALS rather unfriendly. That was and is the worst shock of my life. Because my brother died from it 8 years ago. After a 2 opinions in Tübingen University Hospital, it has unfortunately also been confirmed. Then a genetic test was done and the mutated gene C9ORF72 and FDT came along. Now I’m already in the electric wheelchair. Can no longer walk freely. And I’m waiting for an ASO therapy, unfortunately, I don’t know whether I will be admitted there.
    Wave Solution decides that. I find the wait extremely difficult to digest.

Greetings from Constance on Lake Constance

Hallo Ich bin aus Germany Lac de Constance.. Bei mir Hatten Gangstörungen ende 2019 angefangen, die dann immer heftiger wurden. Bin dann zum Orthopäde, weil alle dachten ich hätte es an der Hüfte. Nach Röntgen Aufnahme vom Rücken gesamt, sagte er da ist nichts das muss neurologisch sein. So gleich zum Neurologen Im gleichen Zentrum, der Professor hat dann Messungen gemacht und sagte es ist multifokale motorische Neuropathie. Und um ganz sicher auszuschließen das es ALS ist. Musste ich in die Uniklinik Freiburg 3 tage zu Untersuchungen, das wurde es dann leider an meine Geburtstag 11.11 mir recht unfreundlich gesagt es ist ALS. Das war und ist der schlimmste schock meines Lebens. Weil mein Bruder vor 8 Jahren daran gestorben ist. Nach einer 2 Meinung in Uniklinik Tübingen ist es leider auch Bestätigt worden. Dann wurde ein Gentest gemacht, da kam dann das Mutierte Gen C9ORF72 und FDT. Nun bin ich schon im E-Rollstuhl Kann nicht mehr Frei laufen. Und warte auf eine ASO Therapie, ob ich da zugelassen werde weiß ich leider nicht.
    Das entscheidet die Firma Wave Solution. Ich finde das warten extrem schwer zu verdauen.

Liebe Grüße Aus Konstanz am Bodensee

Lonny Strum replied 2 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jörg Dimmeler

October 22, 2021 at 7:35 am

hello David
    I would have liked to know how you tolerated your first dose of the C9ORF72 study and what it did.

• Lonny Strum

October 26, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Is anyone aware of the status of Biogen’s trial of the drug targeted to the C9 gene?