ALS News Today Forums Forums In Loving Memory In Memory of Rick Jobus

• In Memory of Rick Jobus

Posted by Dagmar on June 27, 2022 at 4:37 pm

Sad news to share with the ALS community – – Rick Jobus, a columnist for ALS News Today, passed away on June 19, 2022.

Rick was diagnosed with ALS in 2007 and for the past four years, wrote his patient column, “News From the ALS Front” for ALS News Today. In addition, Rick maintained the personal blog, “Kissmyals.blogspot.com.”

A degreed engineer, Rick spent his career in the medical device industry and when writing his column he had the uncanny knack for combining technical facts and information with the poetry of Rock & Roll lyrics.

I admired his writing, his ALS warrior spirit, and his inspired passion for scripture.

On behalf of the members of the ALS News Today Forum and his friends at ALS News Today, our thoughts and condolences are with Rick’s family during this difficult time.

Gail A replied 1 year, 9 months ago 11 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Susana Rave

June 27, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Rick thank you for your sharing your exceptional talent with us. May you rest in peace dear friend.

• Jan: CA, pals

June 28, 2022 at 3:00 am

What? Oh no… How SAD… he was so cleaver with words and had such an exceptional talent for writing! I would read and reread each post several times studying how he was grammaticly correct and creative as he played with his words: all the while having deep psycological meaning interwoven. The last essay that he wrote aluded to his concern about the end of his life (as I read it).
    RIP my friend and may you teach those Angels up there a thing or two about music and song!
    You will be missed 🙁

• Debra Kaufman

June 28, 2022 at 2:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Rick Jobus has died. He was a wonderful writer and I always tried to give him positive feedback on his great columns. My thoughts are with his family.

• Roxanne Kusske

June 28, 2022 at 2:32 pm

I too enjoyed reading Rick’s column’s/stories.  I will miss reading them.  Thoughts are with his family.

• Dagmar

June 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
  • Brian Stanfield

June 28, 2022 at 2:46 pm

Rick Jobus was a warrior. He fought the good fight courageously. Rest in peace Brother.

• AA20

June 28, 2022 at 4:26 pm

So sorry to hear

• Creighton Rider

June 28, 2022 at 5:56 pm

Aw, no.  So sorry to hear the news.  He was a stalwart; it was always fun to read his articles and see what song he would weave in to the article.  I will miss him.  My condolences to you, Dagmar, as from the readers’ perspective it seems as one of your comrades has fallen.  Hang in there and keep carrying the banner forward.

• Elizabeth Pacheco

June 28, 2022 at 11:08 pm

So sad to hear of Rick jobus’s. Passing. Always looked forward to his columns. Another of our warriors has fallen. Rest In Peace Rick. My condolences to the family.

• Nina

June 30, 2022 at 4:24 pm

Just loved reading Rick‘s funny and insightful columns. He will be missed.

• Amanda

June 30, 2022 at 11:01 pm

My sister arrived this week and we were roaming around South Florida the past four days.  The end of the school year is always crazy, and this year has been no exception. I just finished because my year was so busy it was extended by three weeks.  Some how I missed this news until I popped on to check in. I’ve been popping on to try and keep up this week, but this news rattled me and I just couldn’t respond. Rick’s column painted a uniquely clear picture, but his humor and use of music somehow made me feel like I knew him personally.  Our ALS News Today family, including our forum members is such a tight knit group and we share such personal information. We share things that often we could not share with others. We ask questions that we could not ask others. Our world was a much better place because of Rick, and he will be missed.

Amanda

• Gail A

July 5, 2022 at 2:35 pm

For the past three years since my husband’s diagnosis, I have eagerly awaited Rick’s column. As many have said, he had such a gift for words. I  noticed there had been a few weeks when there were no columns and fervently hoped that there was some minor medical issue, but that his columns would return. I was so saddened to learn that he has left us, even sadder that it was on Father’s Day. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.  I find comfort in knowing that his suffering has come to an end and that he is whole and healthy once more.

Gail