ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices Awareness and Advocacy May 10th – – How about a good cup of coffee (to help raise $$ for ALS research)?

• May 10th – – How about a good cup of coffee (to help raise $$ for ALS research)?

Posted by Dagmar on May 8, 2019 at 7:00 am

On Friday, May 10, Dutch Bros Coffee will mark its 13th annual Drink One for Dane day by donating proceeds from each drink sold at all locations in seven states to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), the leading non-profit in ALS research and services.

What is “Drink One for Dane?”

Dane Boersma founded Dutch Bros with his brother, Travis, in 1992. Dane passed away from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in 2009. Dutch Bros and the Boersma family started Drink One for Dane as a way to bring awareness to, and support research to find treatments and cures for, the disease.

“Our customers make a massive difference every time they buy a drink and support Drink One for Dane, said Brant Boersma, Dane’s son and chief culture officer of Dutch Bros. “This fundraiser is, obviously, close to my heart. I’m grateful for the opportunity to be able to look our customers in the eye and thank them personally.”

How much money has Dutch Bros raised?

Over the last 12 years, Dutch Bros customers have helped the company raise more than $4.8 million for MDA. This year, Dutch Bros is hoping to add $1.5 million to that total. For the first time ever, in addition to raising money at the stand, customers will have the ability to donate directly to the campaign through Dutch Bros’ website https://www.dutchbros.com

“Dane made a huge impact on everyone who was lucky enough to know him. I’m honored our company and customers are continuing his legacy, and I’m humbled by the response we see each year,” said Travis Boersma, CEO and co-founder of Dutch Bros.

Much of the money raised since 2007 has gone to support MDA’s ALS-designated multidisciplinary care centers for patients, as well as to fund research for a cure.” (this article was originally published on the MDA website).

Is there a Dutch Bros near me?

To find a Dutch Bros location near you, visit https://www.dutchbros.com/locations

And do Drink One for Dane every 1st Friday in May!

replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.