ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS ALS Clinics – What has your experience been like?

• ALS Clinics – What has your experience been like?

Posted by Amanda on December 8, 2020 at 8:24 am

I’ve been concerned about the approach that I’ve heard many doctors take when presenting a diagnoses of ALS.  It seems that many times doctors lack empathy and compassion. Perhaps they don’t know how to present a diagnoses of ALS. I wonder if their training encourages them to present basic facts without emotions or do they try to not get invested or attached to their patients.  Do they get stuck on the statistics of the life expectancy and lack of treatment options. This is particularly troubling to me when we know that a person’s mental health has such an impact on their physical health.

I mull these thoughts and many more over in my mind and I research online to see what information is out there. I just came across this online book https://alsworldwide.org/assets/team/staff/cvs/alsww_clinic-book-web_copy.pdf

I plan on reading it over the next week. It’s about 50 pages.  Has anyone read it yet?  Would anyone care to read it and have an online discussion?

Amanda replied 3 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.