ALS News Today Forums Forums Caregivers and Family ​ Appreciating the Time

• Appreciating the Time

Posted by Amanda on April 30, 2020 at 1:40 pm

ALS and Covid-19 have both impacted all of us in our online community. I remember when I first started to notice the symptoms of ALS in my father. His gait was off, and he was gripping the steering wheel the way my grandfather had done right before we learned of his diagnoses. I wanted to spend as much time with my father and step mother as I could. I went back to Las Vegas and packed my things. Although I could not get employment near my father because he lived in rural Missouri, I was able to get with in an 8 to 10 hour drive. I spend every holiday, long week end and his last three summers with my father. Now, I realize that you might think living 8 to 10 ten hours away is still a significant distance; however, for many years my father lived in Southern Maryland, and I lived in Las Vegas.

Kristin talks about how ALS and Covid-19 made her appreciate how precious time is in her latest column https://alsnewstoday.com/2020/04/30/winter-snow-cross-country-skiing-symptoms/

These are difficult times for all of us. Living with ALS or being a caregiver of a pALS during a pandemic is especially challenging. Are there positive take aways that you have from living during a pandemic? After your/pALS ALS diagnoses did you intentionally approach life differently?

Amanda replied 3 years, 12 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.