ALS News Today Forums Forums Navigating ALS Challenges ALS ​and​ ​Relationships Do you find it challenging to keep in contact with family and friends?

• Do you find it challenging to keep in contact with family and friends?

Posted by Dagmar on June 20, 2023 at 1:01 am

Managing a condition like ALS can be overwhelming, never mind having to keep friends and family updated on your circumstances. Even in-person conversations can be exhausting. But there are many new ways to stay connected without feeling drained.

For example, the online site CaringBridge https://www.caringbridge.org/about-us lets your designated contact person share updates with a large group – – only instead of having to send out multiple emails, only one update is needed and your group then checks in to read it.   

Have you tried CaringBridge or a similar method? Please share your experience and tips for easy ways to stay in contact with family and friends.

Reese replied 10 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Shane Spiegelman

June 30, 2023 at 2:16 pm

Yes I’m lucky to have this problem. Thank you for sharing the Caring Bridge option.

• Reese

July 4, 2023 at 11:40 am

thank you Dagmar for sharing the Caring Bridge option, I just created my web page.  It is indeed tiring to repeat yourself over and over in emails to friends and family.

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/reese1

• Dagmar

July 4, 2023 at 11:44 am

Reese, I’m so happy that the CaringBridge site is helpful for you. Our friends and family want to be informed, but they wouldn’t want that at the expense of our physical & mental energy. This is a win-win all around.

• Daniel Mitchell

July 4, 2023 at 2:26 pm

Thank you Dagmar, I’ll check into Caring Bridge

• Reese

July 6, 2023 at 3:11 pm

I had to delete my site because you can’t modify a journal entry once it’s posted.  I had no choice.  I later regretted providing too many “gory” details to the world because I chose the googlable option.  I’ll try again but be more mindful next time.