ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics Excellent Webinar: “ALS Unfiltered 2019 Webinar”

• Excellent Webinar: “ALS Unfiltered 2019 Webinar”

Posted by Dagmar on May 20, 2019 at 4:55 pm

“May 14, 2019 – ALS Unfiltered 2019 Webinar”

Recently I watched a webinar hosted by the ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALSTDI), that really impressed me by presenting an overview of ALS in a easy-to-understand manner. It includes a good review of current therapies and their effectiveness. It is a webinar that I will be referring back to often and, I recommend it here to our Forum members – – especially our newly diagnosed patients.

Note: I have the YouTube link here, https://youtu.be/UHnhiPQNmKg  but it can also be accessed from the ALS TDI website (where you may need to register with your email – – but that is safe to do).

Also note:

• The webinar is approximately 1-1/2 hours long. But you can always watch parts and return later to finish it.
    • The actual webinar begins at time marker 1 min. 30-seconds.

A few interesting things I learned were: Radacava is not working for many patients, in the military Combat Fighter Pilots have the highest incidence of ALS and, stem cell therapy is not about growing new motor neuron cells but growing cells that support the patient’s existing motor neurons. 

What did you learn from this webinar? Was it helpful towards your understanding of ALS and how to better manage living with it?

Dagmar replied 4 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.