Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert Foxwell
      Participant

Has anyone been or plan on being screened for the Healey ALS Platform Trial?

I submitted my name with my ALS Clinic in Detroit, in the hope of being a favorable candidate for the trial.

I found this trial at the I AM ALS website, where they have a nice tool for searching out clinical trials. Through this same website I found the group Unite Genomics, who are working to help accelerate research and development of treatments for certain rare diseases. Unite Genomics is hosting a webinar about clinical trials, and what the experience may be like. The webinar in September 25th, from 1 to 2 p.m. (PDT), a link to this event is below. The speaker will be Phil Green, who is a patient advocate, an I AM ALS clinical trials committee member, and on the Healey ALS Platform Trial patient advisory committee.

https://www.unitegenomics.com/events/participating-in-a-clinical-trial?utm_medium=email&utm_source=getresponse&utm_content=Free+ALS+Virtual+Webinar+%26+Discussion%3A+Participating+in+a+Clinical+Trial&utm_campaign=Chief+of+Staff+%26+EA+to+CEO

I have registered and hope to learn a little more about clinical trials.

Marianne Opilla
      Participant

Hello Robert,

I plan to enroll in platform soon. My team will start recruiting soon.  Have to try what is offered!

Marianne

Jonathan L Maddock
      Participant

You should ask your neurologist if they can assist in your entry into a prescreening. The platform trial is “popular”, and entry, especially at the start-up, might be problematic.

I have done the above, and hope to be accepted into a prescreening, but there is no guarantee.

As more sites open-up, hopefully there will be less admittance pressure.

Jon

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot