ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics Investigational Therapies — Webinar on Gene-targeted Therapeutics for ALS

• Investigational Therapies — Webinar on Gene-targeted Therapeutics for ALS

Posted by Dagmar on October 28, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Don’t miss this free webinar on  on Tuesday, October 29, 2019 from 1:00-2:00 PM EDT.

Novel gene-targeted therapies are being developed for ALS and other neurodegenerative diseases. In his presentation, “Gene-targeted Therapeutics for ALS,” Timothy Miller, MD, PhD, will discuss how these drugs work and some of the research driving these clinical trials.

The webinar is presented by the ALS Association/Northeast ALS Consortium PALS.

Click here to register or for more information

Or here.

Be sure to return to this topic post and share you thoughts and comments about the information in this webinar.

Dagmar replied 4 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • diana-belland

October 30, 2019 at 9:43 am

I watched the webinar yesterday and thought that Dr. Miller gave an excellent presentation.  And he made sure to allow 30 minutes for questions from participants.

I wish I had taken notes or made screen shots of some of the slides so that I could make more informed comments here, but my general take-away is that gene-targeted therapeutics are very promising in the treatment of ALS.   The mouse studies showing pronounced improvement in motor function stood out for me.

I’m looking forward to watching it again after the video recording is made available and also, Dagmar, to your comments.

Thank you!

• Dagmar

October 30, 2019 at 4:12 pm

For anyone who missed it, here is the link to the recording of the webinar:

https://vimeo.com/369676249

• Dagmar

November 3, 2019 at 2:07 pm

I especially appreciated the simple analogy of building a house, to explain DNA, RNA and Proteins.