• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

November is a special month!

Because November is National Family Caregivers Month, I encourage you to reach out to any solo caregiver you may know. Maybe all they need is a friendly conversation that allows them to step outside their situation and share a laugh.

Or, maybe they need something more, such as changing a hard-to-reach lightbulb or picking up groceries.

Other ways to help include:

• If going to social events is challenging for them, offer to bring popcorn and drinks and watch a movie together at their home.
      • If their car needs an oil change, offer to take care of it for them.
      • Be observant and think outside the box.

….read the full article at: Appreciating the Family Caregivers Who Share Our Joys and Challenges

Being a caregiver means facing stressful events, changes in symptoms, and other unexpected challenges. One of the best ways I’ve found to handle those moments is to have a good sense of humor. To learn more about that strategy, I recommend you read a previous column I wrote titled “Finding the Funny Moments in Caregiving.”

To all the care-givers around the world: We care-receivers appreciate you!

Do you have a special caregiver in your life? Tell us about them in the comment section below

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account