ALS News Today Forums Forums Caregivers and Family ​ Let’s give thanks to our caregivers

• Let’s give thanks to our caregivers

Posted by Dagmar on November 11, 2021 at 7:31 pm

November is a special month!

Because November is National Family Caregivers Month, I encourage you to reach out to any solo caregiver you may know. Maybe all they need is a friendly conversation that allows them to step outside their situation and share a laugh.

Or, maybe they need something more, such as changing a hard-to-reach lightbulb or picking up groceries.

Other ways to help include:

• If going to social events is challenging for them, offer to bring popcorn and drinks and watch a movie together at their home.
    • If their car needs an oil change, offer to take care of it for them.
    • Be observant and think outside the box.

….read the full article at: Appreciating the Family Caregivers Who Share Our Joys and Challenges

Being a caregiver means facing stressful events, changes in symptoms, and other unexpected challenges. One of the best ways I’ve found to handle those moments is to have a good sense of humor. To learn more about that strategy, I recommend you read a previous column I wrote titled “Finding the Funny Moments in Caregiving.”

To all the care-givers around the world: We care-receivers appreciate you!

Do you have a special caregiver in your life? Tell us about them in the comment section below

Dagmar replied 2 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.