• Dagmar

January 26, 2021 at 11:49 am

Although I taught meditation and mindfulness long before I had ALS, perfecting the skill and really understanding its benefits during my first years with this condition has become a cornerstone of how I live each day.

Learning to pay attention to what you are doing right now, helps prevent falls and other accidents caused by being distracted. So is learning to pay attention to where your thoughts are right now, helps keep you from worries about the future or replaying the past.

Here’s a link to a blog post I adapted from my presentation at the “Ask the Experts” seminar held on 4-8-2017 in Tucson, AZ, which was sponsored by the Arizona Chapter of the ALS Association
    Don’t have the patience or time to practice meditation? Try “active mindfulness” – – here’s how:
    Have you tried meditation or being mindful throughout your day? What challenges have you encountered?
  • Dagmar

January 29, 2021 at 3:57 pm

Eckhart Tolle is a teacher of mindfulness and a best-selling author. He is a German-born resident of Canada best known as the author of “The Power of Now.” And, I find listening to his short YouTube lectures helps keep me focused on my awareness of where my thoughts are going and my awareness of the present moment.

Here is an excellent 12-minute video in which he explains negative thinking, how to stop it and, how to return your awareness to the present moment. And he does it all in a humorous way!

https://youtu.be/gdzLHcd3-pw