• Posted by Cate on May 20, 2020 at 6:52 pm

We received a portable shower for me to use as our only full bath is upstairs, and it was going to cost $40,000 to put in an ADA bath downstairs. We haven’t used it yet–I can still get upstairs for now–but I’d like to know if anyone on the forum has used one, and if they have any advice for showering, keeping water from getting everywhere, staying warm, cleaning the shower, etc. I can’t find my answers via Google. Thanks.

Cate replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Diana Belland

June 9, 2020 at 2:36 pm

Hello Cate,

I was glad to read that you were considering using a portable shower.  I haven’t purchased one yet but I know the time will come when I will have to give up my upstairs bedroom and full bath and move to the main floor which has only a half bath.

I’m interested to know the name of the manufacturer of your portable shower.   I did a quick search on YouTube and found showers by Shower Bay and Care Port that looked well constructed, easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.

Has anyone used these brands?

• Cate

June 9, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Hi Diana,

Mine is a FAWSITT brand. A brand new one, plus a shower wheelchair, was provided to me by Compassionate Care ALS at no charge. I just began using it this week as the last trip upstairs and my time alone in the shower was very dicey.

We set it up in the kitchen right next to the sink. The showering part went very well–I couldn’t understand how the water wouldn’t get everywhere, but it was all contained. From set-up to take-down was about an hour. My husband thinks it will get easier and faster as we get more used to it.