ALS News Today Forums Forums ALS Progress Research Topics Stem Cell and ALS

• peggy-macdonald

October 26, 2023 at 4:32 pm

Hi Amanda,

I am in the process of getting an appointment for stem cell therapy in the Cayman Islands.

There is a clinic, DVCSTEM.com. It’s a patient funded trial, which means you pay for it. I’ve researched the doctors and clinic, it’s legitimate. Also, a guy, Brian, is there this week getting his stem cells. They infuse 300 million stem cells. I’m waiting anxiously to hear from him and his experience there. Check out their website. Dr Cona is from New York, stem cells come from the u.s.

• Rat

November 15, 2023 at 9:13 am

I’ve had stem cell infusion twice, also two different types of harvested stem cells. I will be getting a 3rd infusion with spinal tap in Febuary. I still have some progression, but I feel it is slowing it down some. I don’t care if it is just in my head….I need the hope!

Good Luck to you!

David

• lisa-brown

November 19, 2023 at 6:21 pm

Hi Peggy,

I did a lot of stem cell research last year. I came up with a list of requirements to enable me to select a clinic. 3 most important items on my list that would offer best chance:

1. Must be ISPSC

2. Must be embryonic (Mexico or Israel)

3. Must be lumbar puncture

I am from NZ and my dollar doesn’t go far in the north. Israel too risky. Mexico was a bit too far up my worry scale. As my decline appeared to be speeding up, coupled with family pressure, I opted for a medical holiday. Stem Cell Care in India. Questionable -Yes, deep down, I didn’t believe it would help. However, it did help my lungs briefly, maybe 4 weeks better breathing.

To sum up, and this is only an opinion, stem cells are great for injury repair.

I believe best course of action for all pALS is to find a ‘Functional – Root Cause’ doctor. Just like ADHD was rare in 1978 ( 1:150,000) but now 1:40, could ALS just be a virus?

• peggy-macdonald

February 13, 2024 at 2:56 pm

Amanda,

Thank you so much for your insight. I really appreciate it.

I haven’t done any stem cell therapy. I will for sure look into the functional doctor.