• david-crellin

July 20, 2021 at 10:16 am

Hi Amanda, I’m double-vaccinated with Oxford/Astra-Zeneca vaccine. No side effects apart from a sore arm for a couple of days.

I’ve attended four face-to-face meetings in public. At all meetings the people meeting agreed whether to wear masks – we did. One was outdoors and we removed our masks. At all meetings everyone present had been double vaccinated.

In spite of the UK government’s vacillations/U-turns on policy and regulation, and the so-called ‘Freedom Day’ yesterday 19 July, at  a meeting last night all wore masks, sanitised on the way in & out and sat over 6ft apart.

So do I feel safe? Considering all the people I have met with are people I’ve known for years, are all double vaccinated and sensible, I have felt safe.

I attended my MND Clinic yesterday in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, the UK hotspot region with up to 750 cases per 1,000. We drove with air-con on, windows closed, recirculating air, and masked before we left the car. All staff in the clinic were masked, some in full PPE. I felt least safe in the car.

• david-crellin

July 20, 2021 at 10:35 am

Woops! 750/100K, not per 1,000.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 20, 2021 at 10:36 am

I got the Janssen from J&J shot. One-shot, no mRNA experiment, and it is done. ALS is going through a lot of research on mRNA now because the mRNA is involved in the production of proteins. Proteins may cause or cure progression so I did not want to play with them. J&J used the adenovirus for immunization which was used against Tuberculosis and HIV successfully.