ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS What is your word for 2024?

• What is your word for 2024?

Posted by Amanda on January 8, 2024 at 7:56 am
    Each year I pick a word and try to incorporate it into my daily life. For example, one year I focused on kindness.  I tried to take note of other’s acts of kindness, and I tried to show kindness in situations where I would likely lose my patience. 

For 2024 my word is Hope. I will try to focus on all the things in my life that bring me hope – support from friends and family, ALS research, and successes to name a few.  

What word would you choose?

monka replied 2 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Texanzbudz

January 8, 2024 at 5:44 pm

My word this year is intentional. I was just diagnosed in November, lots of things going through my mind I don’t know or even understand yet. I goal is to be intentional in everything I do and in the way I seek out family & friends to have adventures while I can.

• Bob

January 9, 2024 at 2:37 pm

My word is Stable. People ask me how I’m doing. I have a hard time answering that question. A nurse friend of mine. Suggested I use the word stable. I thought about it. Yes, my condition is stable. I hope I remain stable for a long time.

• Amanda

January 10, 2024 at 7:23 am

These words, and thoughts are making me motivated!!

• Roman

January 8, 2024 at 9:42 pm

Inner peace. I desagree with my condition but finally I accept it. I need to take out my fears, my anxiety, my why’s.

I want to be grateful for those things I can do, for my family and friends, for my ALS community, for the life

Then I will have the inner peace that I wish.

• Dagmar

January 9, 2024 at 11:16 am

To “just be.” It’s wrapped up in awareness of the present moment, to lose anxiety, to not worry, to trust my instincts, and to relax my body.

• Amanda

January 10, 2024 at 7:23 am

I love it!!

• Alton Craig Peterson

January 11, 2024 at 5:52 pm

I have had ALS now for 4 years and learned much from God. My words that drive me forward with Peace and Comfort are “Love, Mercy and Grace”. This is what God provides and makes all Good and Blessed.

• Roman

January 11, 2024 at 9:42 pm

Good

• monka

February 11, 2024 at 10:39 am

My word is “maintain “. Focus on all that I can still do, maintaining a positive attitude (which we all know is hard at times).