ALS News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and ALS What’s your morning routine?

• What’s your morning routine?

Posted by Dagmar on March 24, 2020 at 1:13 pm

Living with ALS, I’ve found having and sticking to a daily routine is important for both my emotional and physical health. For example, my morning routine has become a priority; because if life throws me a curve ball later on, at least I’ve done a little exercise, had a good breakfast and can rely on my “night-before planning.” The TV didn’t get turned on until around lunchtime.

Now the TV goes on during breakfast, and stays on… almost all daylong. It’s partly because we live several time zones behind the East Coast, and need to catch up on COVID19 news and, the TV voices seem to create a feeling that we’re connected to the rest of the world. Especially during the stay-at-home “shut down.”

But I’ve been diligent about sticking with my regular morning routine: exercise, breakfast and checking my daily “to do” list. It helps me feel more grounded and have less anxiety about what I’m hearing coming from the TV in the background.

Do you have a daily or morning routine? Have the COVID19 directives changed it? What are you doing to help your mind and body remain calm during this challenging time?

Dagmar replied 4 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.