ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall

• Bradley Putnam

July 8, 2021 at 4:41 pm

Hi Amanda, yes I definitely know that the cold affects the function of my hands. We have not relocated, but hope to next year, to a warmer climate. I have not noticed other parts of my body being affected by the weather. Spring summer and early fall are good for my attitude and moods, I think.   In addition, mobility on snow and ice is treacherous, although I’m still able to walk with AFO’s, I imagine those elements will certainly affect mobile devices.

• Mary Tiknis

July 10, 2021 at 10:37 am

I cannot tolerate the heat. I like the temp outside to be-in the 70’s with little humidity

• Carolyn Barry

July 10, 2021 at 11:53 am

I think having the windows open and feeling the warm air come in from outside definitely lightens my spirits.  I can’t manage walking outside by myself, so it helps me feel as if I am sort of outside!  Walking in the ice and snow with my AFO’s and my walker is certainly a bit of a challenge.  Once I got a rollator for leaving the house, I found it much easier than the traditional type of walker that I had been using.  I don’t actually mind the wintertime either, as I love the fact it brings Thanksgiving and Christmas…..my favorite days of the year!