ALS News Today Forums Forums Caregivers and Family ​ Your tips for interviewing for a caregiver or personal care attendant

• Your tips for interviewing for a caregiver or personal care attendant

Posted by Dagmar on March 8, 2022 at 10:57 am

If you have had the experience of hiring a professional caregiver or personal care attendant (PCA), please share with our forum members your tips for interviewing and the questions that should be asked.

What do you wish you would have asked? What were the areas of discussion that you were glad you brought up?

Let’s create a good resource of tips and information for pALS and their families who need to hire additional caregiving help.

kat311997 replied 1 year, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • gunnar-klintberg

March 9, 2022 at 2:15 pm

Is there a primer for doing this? Just as a start?

• Dagmar

March 9, 2022 at 6:30 pm

Gunnar, this link is to an article on the AARP site that explains the different caregiver categories and licensed/unlicensed, etc.

Hiring an in-home caregiver

I’m still interested in hearing from anyone who has hired a caregiver and tips for interviewing.

• kat311997

April 21, 2022 at 9:28 am

Dagmar, Thank you for providing the link for hiring an in-home caregiver.  I’m just beginning this process and it’s daunting!  I would also be very interested in hearing how others went about their search.