Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a safe and relaxing weekend.

We still have a few more stories to share from people in our community. Check out Walter Durk’s story here:

[caption id="attachment_15358" align="alignnone" width="300"] Contributed by Walter Durk[/caption]

“My journey into ‘ALS land’ began around 2006-2007. I was felling fine and was active. One day while cleaning the pool, my right leg failed to support me. Then there was an interval of about two years when I had no such problems. I walked a lot and noticed my feet did not remain flat as I walked. I didn’t pay much attention to it until I noted a general tiredness while walking, and I noticed it was difficult for me to off of the floor.

Some time after that, I woke as usual, and when I stood I felt something was wrong. A few hours later my body was slanted in a contorted manner. I had this contortion twice in previous years and visited chiropractors, and it resolved itself both times. But this time I visited a primary care doctor at the VA who took x-rays. All x-rays, MRI’s, EEG’s showed nothing as a cause. I continued through the VA to get a diagnosis which was predominantly upper motor neuron ALS with limb involvement.

I consider myself to be one of the rare few who live with it for this many years. I have good care and support, both of which are very important. And, I have an attitude of fighting it until my very last breathe, and plan on living at least ten more years before anything like that occurs. #WhatALSistome”

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Walter, you are an inspiration to us all! Thank you for sharing your ALS story. We look forward to your continued participation in the forum… we all benefit from your experiences and thoughts. Stay strong my friend!

Eric Barnett
      Participant

Yes an Inspiration for sure !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account