ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Do you have a morning ritual or routine?

• Do you have a morning ritual or routine?

Posted by Dagmar on August 16, 2022 at 1:02 am

Ten years ago, if you had asked me how I was feeling when I woke up in the morning, I would’ve ignored you and disappeared beneath the blankets. That was during my first year with ALS, a time when I felt the weight of worry and having a life disrupted by a disease I didn’t even understand. Fast-forward to today, when my new morning routine has evolved into a daily ritual of mindful thinking and movement. One that helps me start the day feeling good and with a positive attitude.

I wrote about my own morning rituals in this column.

Research supports the use of rituals or daily routines. They enhance confidence in our ability to accomplish goals and buffer us against uncertainty and anxiety. They are an opportunity for self-care and might include gentle movement, singing, journaling, meditation, listening to music, or prayer.

What is, or are your morning routines? Let’s help our forum members discover how to feel better about the day and themselves.

Dagmar replied 1 year, 8 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.