Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      David Buschhorn
      Participant

It’s possible that the emotional fragility that comes with ALS actually helped me write more emotionally, but it also slowed me down a lot.

I learned to write while sobbing. eyes squinched shut and tears pouring down my face. I’m as sobby, for practically no reason, that I’m about as bad as a PMSing teenage girl.

Chocolate doesn’t help 🙂 At least there’s no cramping.

“I don’t know why I’m crying! It’s a cute kitten video!” For Pete’s sake!

Some of my books have crushing scenes and a box of tissues should about cover it. For me to re-read them is brutal.

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Yes, David…. the emotional ups and downs are frustrating. Not only do we have to deal with the shocking news that we have ALS, but our emotional reflexes have become super-sensitive as well.  For anyone not ready to take on the challenge of writing a book – – journaling can be helpful. I would write down what I did that day, how I felt, what good things happened and what were the challenges.

Here I am 9 years later and the animal rescue commercials on TV can still set me up for tears! 🙂  (the emotional sensitivity is something I’ve learned to live with)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account