• FUS Ionis trial

Posted by Angelique Prins on February 14, 2024 at 6:58 am

Hi all, I see a lot of discussions about Toferson, with (I feel) good results. Since 2022 it is possible to join the Ionis trial specific for fALS with FUS. This idea of medication is what I understand the same with ASO. I am at this moment the 3th person in my family who is going to enter the trial. Are there more people in this forum who joined the trial and can you say something about the progression? Do you stabilize and do have side effects?

Greetings angelique

Angelique Prins replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Amanda

February 14, 2024 at 8:00 am

Hi Angelique,

Tofersen, now called QALody is for people with a SOD1 mutation. It was conditionally approved April 24, 2023 by the FDA in the US. There are definitely more than “feel good” results. There are documented datum that show that pALS have a reduction in NFLC. Qalsody works by <b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: var(–bb-body-text-color);”>reducing the amount of a toxic protein (SOD1 protein) that causes damage to motor neurons and the symptoms of ALS . I have been receiving QALSody since July 2023. My emgs, muscle strength tests, and blood work (that is how the show NFLC reduction) all show differences. I am stronger, and am not declining. I have heard of others with rapid progression ALS seeing a slowing of the disease.

Amanda

• Peter

February 15, 2024 at 2:17 pm

Dear Amanda, could it be, that in the first post, he spoke about https://clinicaltrials.gov/study/NCT04768972? Have a great day and best regards from Switzerland, Peter

• Amanda

February 20, 2024 at 8:33 am

Could be, and I’m sure they will let us know. I guess it is a good thing that there are numerous clinical trials even if it confusing 🙂

• Angelique Prins

February 21, 2024 at 12:06 am

<font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><font style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Yes I was hoping to find people who joined the FUS trial of Ionis. The idea of this trial (to bring down the toxic production of FUS) is the same as SOD1 so more then great to hear that you are feeling so good by this medicine! </font></font>