ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Holiday Season

• Holiday Season

Posted by Amanda on November 30, 2020 at 5:35 pm

Now that that Thanksgiving is a few days behind us, we are in the middle of the 2020 Holiday Season!  One minute it feels like this year has flown by, and then a moment later it feels like it is taking forever.  Living through a pandemic is pure craziness, but even in the midst of craziness, I’ve learned there are things to be thankful for. I definitely appreciate my time with my family and I can’t wait for them to be able to visit. I’m thankful for all the medical professionals working hard to find cures and treatments for illnesses like ALS.

How has 2020 changed you and your thought process?  Despite the unfortunate events, do you see any benefits or changes for the better?

Kathy stitz replied 3 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kathy stitz

December 4, 2020 at 10:31 am

There are not really many benefits or changes for the better, in my opinion.  There are many things that are worse right now.  Having a condition like this is so awful but it makes you thankful to be alive and thankful for the things you are still able to do.  I live with my mom and am so thankful for her.  She has tried to help me as much as possible and I hope all of you have someone like this in your life because that is so important.