ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS How is Diane Huberty, our dearest RN?

• How is Diane Huberty, our dearest RN?

Posted by Deleted User on January 9, 2024 at 1:28 pm

Diane Huberty ought to have exceeded 600 moons with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis . . . yet no word from her in many moons; I hope she continues to be ok . . . Canadian Steve Wells was regarded as the longest living Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis patient since Stephen Hawking passed but Wells does not appear active on the web.

Deleted User replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Dagmar

January 11, 2024 at 11:30 am

Oh my, I haven’t heard the name Diane Huberty for many years… so it is interesting to find out how she is fairing in 2024. Her website “ALS patient care from both sides” https://www.alsfrombothsides.org/index.html

was the inspiration for my own ALS and Wellness Blog. I related to her experience of having worked in a hospital setting – – and now being an ALS patient. Does anyone have an update on her status? I wish her well and hope she is chugging along.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 16, 2024 at 3:17 pm

This is one of the most vexing issues regarding keeping patients on our minds . . . often no news is heard for very long period of time . . . sometimes this is explained by an obit but there are many patients who are very active but suddenly ‘disappear without a trace.’ As an example TipaCow had a contact person but the contact person ‘disappeared’ before TipaCow did . . . so what can one do now?