ALS News Today Forums Forums Using Our Forums How to Post Topics/Messages/Status Updates in Our Forums

• How to Post Topics/Messages/Status Updates in Our Forums

Posted by Dagmar on July 26, 2020 at 4:02 pm

To post a “status update” …

• Go to your profile page.
    • Click on the “What’s New (your name)?” area.
    • Type your update, then click “Post Update.”
    • Your update will be added to the general activity posts of that day.

To send a “message” …

• Go to your profile page.
    • Click on the icon labeled “Messages” then click on “Compose”
    • Fill out the boxes, then click “Send Message.”

To comment on a “topic”…

• Click on the “topic” about which you want to comment.
    • If necessary, scroll down until you reach the end of the thread of previous comments.
    • Enter your comment in the text box under “Reply to: (name of topic).
    • Please don’t copy and paste anything here that you’ve written on another text program, such as Word. Doing that will add HTML code to what you wrote and make it unreadable.
    • Scroll down and click “reply.”

To start a new “topic”…

• Click on the “forum” in which you want your post to appear, for example, “Living With ALS.”
    • Scroll to the bottom to get to “Create a new topic in (name of forum).”
    • Enter a title in the box under “Topic title.”
    • In the text box below the title, write your comments. Short comments are generally best because people tend to glaze over lengthy comments, or just read the first few sentences.
    • Please don’t write your comment in another format, such as Word, and then paste them here. Doing that will add HTML code and make what you wrote impossible to read.
    • If you want to share a link to an article from a website you can copy and paste the URL into the text box following your comments.
    • When you’re finished, scroll to the very bottom and click “submit.” The URL that you’ve pasted will link to the website article.

NOTE: A new topic, or a comment made to a topic, MAY be automatically held for review if it contains a link, or other content that looks abnormal to the forum algorithm.  One of the moderators will review the item as quickly as possible and will either release it or notify the person posting it of the concern.

If you’d like to be alerted to all new comments on a topic:

• Click the + next to “Subscribe” which appears on the upper right at the start of every topic.
    • To unsubscribe, click “Unsubscribe” in the same spot.

Our moderators, Amanda and Dagmar, will be glad to help if you have questions.

creighton-rider replied 1 year, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jennifer-zink

August 27, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Can I share my blog with the group? It’s about living with ALS.I believe it will help those who are are a pALS like me.

• Dagmar

August 27, 2021 at 7:50 pm

Jennifer, we’d love to share your blog! This is a great suggestion… and I will start a new topic asking members who have a blog to share the link with us. Thank you!

• creighton-rider

May 20, 2022 at 8:45 pm

hi guys- I recently wrote a song about ALS and wanted to share it with the community for ALS Awarenesses month.  How do I do that?   It is already up on YouTube.

Thanks !

• kathy-stitz

August 28, 2021 at 6:49 am

Hi Jennifer,

You have shared your blog with us earlier this year in May- the new happiness with ALS blog! under the ALS Awareness Month forum.  Thanks so much!

• jennifer-zink

August 29, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Oops! I forgot!