ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Living Well With ALS

• Dagmar

November 9, 2020 at 11:52 am

Sometimes we don’t give ourselves permission to live “well” – – to live in a state of “wellness.” Having ALS, or any chronic disease doesn’t suddenly cast us into “unwellness.” This all boils down to a state of mind; your mindset. In other words, telling yourself: I CAN be a “well” person even though I have, and live with ALS.

This quote is my daily inspiration:

Wellness is more than being free from illness; it is a dynamic process of change and growth, a conscious, self-directed and evolving process of achieving full potential.”

The National Wellness Institute

Along with:

Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life.  It is more than being free from illness, it is a dynamic process of change and growth. A good or satisfactory condition of existence; a state characterized by health, happiness, and prosperity; welfare.

“Wellness is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”The World Health Organization.