• Dagmar

December 31, 2020 at 11:49 am

Peter – – thanks for your question about Leap2BeFit. It is a powder supplement that is added to juice or water and promoted as an energy-strength-memory-muscle- etc., etc. booster. It came to light in the ALS community about 2 years ago when Mark Manchester, an American ALS patient reported the powder took him from wheelchair & trach to walking and no more symptoms.  Although, it seems he is the only one who has had these miraculous results – – he has since become a spokesperson for Leap2BeFit.

Dr. Bedlack and ALSuntangled published a review (well worth your time to read) of the product this year:  https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21678421.2020.1743470 And concluded:

Many ingredients contained within LEAP2BFIT could, at least in theory, be beneficial in ALS. Some of these ingredients have supporting animal or human studies. However, it is unknown if these ingredients are being provided in therapeutic quantities since the dosages are not disclosed. Furthermore, it is impossible to know the net positive or negative effect of so many ingredients without carefully testing the combination. Based on the above discussions, we do not currently recommend LEAP2BFIT as a way to slow, stop, or reverse ALS.

L-serine is a product sold separately by the company. It is most commonly used by body-builders to help build muscle tissue fast following heavy workouts.

The product has a hefty price tag as well, compared to purchasing individual antioxidant supplements.

Bottom line: don’t believe all the social media hype.

• peter-powell

December 31, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Thanks Dagmar, I won’t be trying it without consulting with my Doctor as I am on the Rescue ALS ( gold) trial which is apparently going well.  Just interested as it was mentioned to me by a PAL.

• wayne-zatarain

December 31, 2020 at 3:40 pm

About a year ago I filled out a request for a free one month supply, never received a response/reply. I have not heard anyone report a positive response.

• nina

December 31, 2020 at 4:04 pm

I heard that L-serine was used by some natives of Peru or someplace and they never had a single neurological disorder and so the people researching the natives developed it as a antidote for a range of neurological disorders. I took it for almost 2 years with little negligible effect and then I read that it can cause intestinal issues and I think I experienced a little bit of that so I quit. I still have about a half a bag if you want it…

The discussion ‘Query regarding products I have heard about.’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now