ALS News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and ALS Surging Covid-19 cases

• Dagmar

July 16, 2020 at 12:33 pm

Well, here in Arizona we are still struggling. My heart goes out to the small business owners who have had to close their doors. A local family-owned print shop shut down because there are no more events to print flyers or pamphlets for. Same for a fellow who did imprinting on t-shirts and polo shirts. But still, last week while at the grocery store, I saw a number of people without masks (some even moms with small children), others wearing a mask but pulled down below their chin. (What?) I’m glad the major stores like Walmart, etc. are now requiring masks.

Restaurants? Some are trying to offer in-person dining. But overall, many folks like me don’t want to take the risk.

I have an appt. with my neurologist next week. It was to be an ALS Clinic, but she has suspended the Clinic. I’m surprised she still wants to see me in person and not online – – as the location of the appt. is the lobby level of a large hospital that is reaching capacity with COVID patients. But I’ve heard from a fellow forum member who has been there already that the visits are OK. I’ll be reporting back here next week to let you know how things went!

How are things where you live?