ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Welcoming 2021!!

• Bill

January 5, 2021 at 4:58 pm

Covid was a downer for family get togethers. Was sad not to have what we usually do.  Everyone stayed safe though. I will continue to try to find trials but so far I just don’t qualify anymore. I don’t see 2021 so different for me . Just like all other pALS I will continue to see my neurologist at USF as well as go to local clinic. I will do what I can but don’t intend to go crazy with expensive supplements or non approved meds.

• Kathy stitz

January 6, 2021 at 11:31 am

The holidays were ok.  I was thinking about all of the families who lost loved ones to the coronavirus.  2020 was a heartbreaking year for a lot of people. Like Bill said, it was strange to not be together with family for the holidays, as well as throughout the year.  I will just be trying to stay positive in 2021, although this has been extremely difficult for me so far. I won’t be able to do as much as before because of having ALS and this will be very upsetting.  I probably will not be doing clinical trials.  I hope this year is a better one for all of us.