Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

I’ve always believed in the importance of having heroes and role models to help me cope with ALS. But many of my role models have no connection to ALS – – they live their lives in ways that inspire me and give me emotional strength.

Following the recent death of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I wrote this column explaining why she inspires me.

Why Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is My ALS Role Model

Do you have role models that keep you motivated and help you through the tough days? What is your criteria of success – a long life or, a life well-lived?

Bill
      Participant

My role models are the everyday pALS that are on the site I visit everyday. We share our everyday day lives as well as ALS challenges, solutions and information. A lot of pALS are full of courage. I’m not one for big “heroes” personally.

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Speaking of heroes… here is something I learned yesterday that’s pretty cool! Ady Barkan is a lawyer, author, and activist with ALS, and was nominated as one of Time’s 100 most influential people of 2020 this month. You can read the nomination and about his Be a Hero project here – kudos to Ady!

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2020/5888232/ady-barkan/

Irene A. Kelleher
      Participant

Dagmar-you are my role model. The foundation of human understanding is truth. You foster reality and hope with invaluable guidance in everyday life and help us adapt to this dis-ease with laughter, hope, and practical applications. Thank you. Irene-age 76

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Thank you Irene 🙂 …. we are a circle and I am motivated by all our member’s thoughts. In turn, I pay it forward and hope to inspire them back 🙂

Kathy stitz
      Participant

I agree that people who have ALS are the true heroes.   It is so difficult to have a terminal illness that has no cure.  I am praying for a cure for all of us who are suffering so much.  The courage, strength, and determination that pALS have is inspiring.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account