ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Who are your role models and heroes that inspire you through the tough days?

• bill1949

September 29, 2020 at 3:51 pm

My role models are the everyday pALS that are on the site I visit everyday. We share our everyday day lives as well as ALS challenges, solutions and information. A lot of pALS are full of courage. I’m not one for big “heroes” personally.

• Dagmar

September 30, 2020 at 4:09 pm

Speaking of heroes… here is something I learned yesterday that’s pretty cool! Ady Barkan is a lawyer, author, and activist with ALS, and was nominated as one of Time’s 100 most influential people of 2020 this month. You can read the nomination and about his Be a Hero project here – kudos to Ady!

https://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2020/5888232/ady-barkan/

• irene-a-kelleher

September 30, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Dagmar-you are my role model. The foundation of human understanding is truth. You foster reality and hope with invaluable guidance in everyday life and help us adapt to this dis-ease with laughter, hope, and practical applications. Thank you. Irene-age 76

• Dagmar

September 30, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Thank you Irene 🙂 …. we are a circle and I am motivated by all our member’s thoughts. In turn, I pay it forward and hope to inspire them back 🙂

• kathy-stitz

October 22, 2020 at 8:04 pm

I agree that people who have ALS are the true heroes.   It is so difficult to have a terminal illness that has no cure.  I am praying for a cure for all of us who are suffering so much.  The courage, strength, and determination that pALS have is inspiring.