ALS News Today Forums Forums Boosting Our Voices ALS Awareness Month ALS Community Spotlight: “Living with ALS has brought many changes, but we ‘keep on keepin’ on’”

• bakereld

May 18, 2023 at 5:20 pm

I still go to church most every day

we play cards with friends or see movies or I let them drink and eat it doesn’t bother me to not be able to participate as long as I can be part of the conversation even if it’s with my phone! We go to peoples houses or they come here and just hang and talk. We’ve gone to the botanic gardens, me in a wheelchair, and the zoo

• Charles Sutherland & Doris Sutherland (caregiver)

May 18, 2023 at 8:59 pm

My husband still goes to the shed with his brothers. He was always the one tat kept the lawn movers ready to go. His brother had not yet retired.  So, when mowing the lawn day came,  he and his two brothers just got busy. His brothers re now learning what he did, his skills, and how much he did. He is unable to do the manual labor part but his knowledge is invaluable.  It breaks my heart that he is not able to do the lawn. He loved manicuring his lawn.  But, he, in his wheelchair, still spend time in the shed with his brothers giving instructions and training classes.  I love that he keeps going after every hurdle and there are many.