• kathryn-f-kennedy

August 27, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Any Support Groups around Tyler/Longview/Kilgore, Texas?  I have ALS and my husband could really benefit from the support!

• dennis-fossenier

September 16, 2020 at 1:11 pm

I have attended one Support Group meeting which was very small and held outdoors in a park due to COVID.  It was more of a introducing yourself to each other session and not a session to gather information on how to deal with ALS.  There was only one other person with ALS there and the rest were caregivers or spouses of pALS.  Hopefully once this pandemic is over they can get back to regular monthly meetings where a person can share information and experiences.

• tomd

September 18, 2020 at 1:46 pm

I live in Arizona. The Ariz Chapter has monthly support groups, which have been virtual since the start of the pandemic. While virtual meetings are not as conducive to making connections with others as an in person support group would be, still I like attending not only to learn something new, but also because it makes me aware that others are struggling and coping as I am, plus you get to know the folks at the ALS Chapter. who conduct and moderate the support groups. In addition to support groups, the AZ Chapter has been having monthly virtual socials. For example, last month they had a trivia contest, where they had 50 or so questions, and I thought was fun.

• Dagmar

September 18, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Hi Tom, I agree – – the Arizona ALSA has great virtual support groups. The new Peer-to-Peer Support Group Facebook page is a good way for us all to keep in touch too.