Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

In March 2019, Biogen launched a Phase 3 clinical trial. Called VALOR, the study enrolled 178 people with SOD1-ALS, who received an undisclosed, fixed dose of BIIB067 or placebo for 28 weeks.

The trial was conducted at 31 sites in North America, Europe, Australia, and Japan, and finish in July 2021.

Currently there is no news for this study on clinicaltrial.gov.

yet it seems a new phase III with 150 participants was started in April 2021 (NCT04856982) ???

Les Wood
      Participant

I have been on the sod 1 Tofersen trial for almost five years the first person in the U.K. possibly Europe to have it I’m doing ok I was diagnosed in August 2012 my next treatment is tomorrow at Sheffield Hallamshire Hospital

Les Wood
      Participant

I have been on the sod 1 Tofersen trial for almost five years the first person in the U.K. possibly Europe to have it I’m doing ok I was diagnosed in August 2012 my next treatment is tomorrow at Sheffield Hallamshire Hospital

Geison
        Participant

Hello,
        I have the proposal to start with medication this year, this is solving the bureaucratic issues. You could share with us your experience/results with using tofersen.
        thanks

Many thanks for the answer Les!
      First person in UK, possibly in Europe? This is very impressive!

Amanda
      Keymaster

Jean-Pierre – is this part of the same study? https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02623699

This study, along with the other Tofferson studies, is part of what the University of Miami Pre-fALS study is involved in. There are many other sites (as mentioned in the ling) that also participate in the US and Europe.

Yes, thanks Amanda,
        The link tells “The study completed on 15 Jul 2021” and that there are no posted results.
        I can’t find any news on internet.

Andrew UK
          Participant

I was speaking to Sheffield Uni this week and it was muted that an open access arrangement may be started next year prioritising more rapidly progressing patients. I will be having another conversation in Jan 2022 so will know more then

Andrew UK
          Participant

I was speaking to Sheffield Uni this week and it was muted that an open access arrangement may be started next year prioritising more rapidly progressing patients. I will be having another conversation in Jan 2022 so will know more then

Thanks Andrew,

> open access arrangement may be started next year prioritising more rapidly progressing patients.

It’s a nice information!

Geison
      Participant

Hello,
      My name is Geison, I’m Brazilian, my family is affected by ALS family type with genetic error in SOD1. I received the diagnosis last year, the doctor who accompanies me has the proposal to start with medication this year, this is solving the bureaucratic issues. I will leave the biogen website that reports con entering the study. https://www.biogen.com/en_us/als-community-update.html

Angelo Venosa
        Participant

Olá, Geison

bom saber que um brasileiro está tendo acesso a esse ensaio clínico.

sou portador de ELA esporádica, vivo no Rio de Janeiro.

Hi, Geison

Good to know that a Brazilian is getting access to this clinical trial. I’m a sporadic PALS living in Rio.

Gigi
      Participant

You are correct Phase III of the Biogen Tofersen Trial ended in July of this year.  In April an extension of the Trial started for those patients who had already participated in the Trial, and wanted to participate, where everyone would now be getting Tofersen, even those previously receiving the placebo

In addition Biogen has now just started a new Clinical Trial for people with fast progressing SOD1 ALS who are not symptomatic.

Results have not been released yet.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account