Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Diana Belland
      Participant

Yes, I have tried cannabis-derived compounds but not to treat my ALS (diagnosis, 3/15/19).  I used medical cannabis for pain management following my spine fusion surgery, March 2018.   It worked beautifully to keep pain at a minimum and there were no side effects.

I am very interested to learn more about cannabinoids as an optional treatment for ALS.  My first ALS clinic appointment is scheduled for April 15.   I will ask my doctor for more information.   Thanks for posting this article.

Sheila
      Participant

I was diagnosed Nov. 2015, shortly after I tried  cannabis for the first time in my life.  I was trying it to help with the anxiety I was experiencing at the time.  Since then I have read of the possible benefits when used in certain proportions of THC to CBD.  I am currently using an edible cannabis as well as CBD oil at night to help with the muscle cramping and sleeping.  I would love to see more studies on how cannabis may help with ALS.

John Russell
      Participant

I have tried CBD oil derived from hemp. After getting a card I have used 1:1 THC : CBD in Orange oil. I have notice little or no benefit. I think I become a bit lethargic from 1:1.

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

The study cited claims that cannabis can help  delay ALS progression and prolong survival – – but remember, this can only apply to animals; there have been no human studies as of yet. If you read to the end of the article there is an important quote:

However, most of the studies that investigated the neuroprotective potential of these compounds in ALS were performed in animal models, whereas the few clinical trials that investigated cannabinoids-based medicines were focused only on the alleviation of ALS-related symptoms, not on the control of disease progression.

From what I’ve read, cannabis can help alleviate spaciticy and is a relaxant. So, in Sheila’s and John’s comments above – – cannabis did work as a relaxant/pain relief. It does seem to offer benefits in these areas without the side-effects of traditional medication. However, for “delay of progression/prolong survival”…I would wait for the human trials.

Janet
      Participant

I’ve tried once CBD flowers. It helps me with anxiety and depression.

Susan Hoerber
      Participant

At night I use CBD lotion on my feet and hands being a totally quadriplegic from ALS help me sleep and releasing me from having a painful night.

Katherine Hooks
      Participant

I have been taking CBD oil for 2 years. It helps me sleep. Also muscle cramps. Just be careful I was taking too much and I started having diarrhea. Remember Dagmar I told you about it. That’s what I found out. So I only take at night. Take care everyone.

Dagmar Munn
      Keymaster

Katherine, I’m so glad you discovered the cause of your gastro issues – – 🙂

Susan
      Participant

I am having nausea. Which we thought was caused by medication but I have gone off everything that might cause nausea and still having it. I don’t know if it’s my anxiety

I thought maybe marijuana gummies might help with the nausea. But hate to think of getting diarrhea.
      I think I have heard of chemotherapy patients using marijuana for nausea. Any ideas?

Owen
      Participant

My wife uses weed butter (a high CBD/low THC flower infused into butter), and we’ve come to think of it as a medical necessity. The days she takes it versus the days she doesn’t are noticeable, and it greatly helps with her stiffness and spasticity

Chris Koch
      Participant

I’ve been taking cannabis infused chocolate at night and I feel it helps a lot. I sleep better and am not in so much pain. If I skip a night, it is very noticeable, I also take Tylenol at night to help with the pain. I use aa cannabis concentrate and blend with melting chocolate and pour into a candy mold allowing me to control the dosage. My current dose is 8 mg per chocolate piece.

Three months ago I was taking 4 mg in the morning and 8 mg at night – I am now only taking it at night unless I have a lot of pain during the day.

It seems to work for me.

Janet
      Participant

I usually grow some cbd flowers at home. But my doc recommends using only medical cannabis by https://cannaflower.com/hand-trimmed-hemp/

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Janet.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Kevin Schaefer.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account