ALS News Today Forums Forums Living With ALS Do you take edavarone (radicawa) treetmen?

• Do you take edavarone (radicawa) treetmen?

Posted by igor on June 20, 2020 at 7:27 pm

I want to start edavarone treatment in USA.

I bought 8 months package in Japan. I visited ALS clinic there. It is cheap there and it is possible to buy it remotely.

I was told that it can slow degradation up to 40 percent.

Do you have an experience of taking it?

Does it help you?

igor replied 3 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • martino-caretto

June 23, 2020 at 3:18 pm

I have been on Edaravone for almost 3 years, basically a couple of months after diagnosis. If you look at the progress as measured with the ALSFRS you would probably conclude that my rate of progression is somewhat slow: however as we do not know what the progression would have been without Edaravone in my case I cannot really say if and how much Edaravone has helped. A study is being run in the US which could help us understand this issue, hopefully!

• elizabeth-benz

June 23, 2020 at 4:48 pm

I’ve been on the infusions since Dec. 2019.

As Martino said “as we do not know what the progression would have been without Edaravone in my case I cannot really say if and how much Edaravone has helped.”

I just figured I’d give it a try.

• christine-moretti

June 25, 2020 at 5:09 pm

I have been on Radicava since October 2017, right after it entered the US. I have to say  I think it’s been beneficial for me. In January 2016, I was DX’d with PLS. Not sure if PLS vs. ALS makes a difference or not. There is a trial for Radicava efficacy called REFINE-ALS to get a better handle on the slowing of progression with this drug. Good luck with your infusions.

• igor

June 25, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Thank you a lot for replays.

I still think about it ….